As the semester slowly (painstakingly so) comes to an end, I have decided to look back at some of the highlights of Fall 2012::
- Moved into my parent’s cushy lake-side apartment.
- Went from vegan to full-blown meat eater
- Started off strong with 21 credits which I eventually pared down to a more manageable 16.
- My summer romance came to visit me from the other side of the country and ended up leaving a few days early… I guess WI is pretty scary!
- Went to Madison nearly every-other weekend
- Less than a month later I boarded a flight and had a whirlwind 2 week escape in Paris and Germany with my on-again off-again Egyptian boyfriend
- Was invited to live with said boyfriend in Norway this summer
- Switched my major to Journalism and then back to Nursing and now it’s all up in the air.
- Had more than 10 dreams about “catching” babies as they are born
- Watched more than enough documentaries and episodes of Mr. Rodgers to last a lifetime
Try as I might, I cannot come up with a solid conclusion about my life based off of this list. In 8 more days I will be exactly 21 years old and in that strange bubble of time known as winter break. My academic life will be put on hiatus (though only shortly due to a damn winter math class that must be taken) and I will resume what I like to call my real life- boyfriend, family, possibilities. But for now, time can’t move any slower. I have an essay due on a topic that I hope will bring about some sort of insight. “Your paper should be 10 pages in length. Please describe the following theme. Times of transition in our lives where we travel through a period of disorientation, “liminality”, in order to move into a new way of being in the world.” I guess I should stop writing here and start on those 10 pages.